Monday, 30 June 2014

Make something Monday

Looking after a 2.5 year old is a challenge at the best of times, let alone whilst nearly 37 weeks pregnant and suffering from depression. I find that Sophie needs so much attention and energy from me, and my depression lethargy and lack of motivation or interest makes it very hard to give.

The temptation is, of course, to put her in front of the TV for the day and then just sit doing nothing myself, but I know that's not the right, or healthy, choice for either of us.

So, to try and keep myself motivated and to make sure I spend at least a bit of time with Sophie each day giving her my undivided attention,  I've started to try to get us into a bit of a routine on weekdays.

Today was Make Something Monday - the point being that it doesn't matter what we do; crafts, cooking, playdoh; as long as we make something. Sophie has a great love for playing fancy dress at the moment so we decided to try and make some homemade jewellery out of whatever we could find in our craft boxes!

We ended up with paint, glitter, stickers, sprinkle decorations and toilet rolls.


Sophie is a petite wee thing and toilet/kitchen rolls still fit round her wrists, so we simply cut them up and got messy making some creations. Admittedly, they probably won't last very long, Sophie has no concept of moderation when it comes to paint and some of the cardboard got quite soggy, but half the fun is in the making anyway!

She's been very proud of her homemade bracelets all afternoon, showing anyone who'll look. They'll be going in her fancy dress box tonight and I'll have to start thinking of something new for us to try making next Monday. Suggestions very welcome :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment